To share: https://bit.ly/3Kio1NQ
The 2022 MLB regular season returns starting April 7 with Opening Day, which will be available LIVE for Star+ subscribers and on ESPN. Additionally, Major League Baseball fans will be able to follow more than 180 regular season games.
——————————– #MLBxStarPlus —————- #MLBxESPN ———————————-
Major League Baseball’s 2022 season is coming to Star+ and ESPN with over 180 regular season games LIVE. Coverage includes the Home Run Derby and All-Star Game, as well as the playoffs, Wild Card, culminating in the 2022 World Series.
Coverage of the 2022 regular season will begin on Opening Day this coming Thursday, April 7 with the Cincinnati Reds taking on 2021 World Series champion Atlanta Braves at 7:00 p.m. LIVE on ESPN and Star+.
Game coverage and analysis for the 2022 MLB season will be in charge of ESPN’s exceptional team of specialists, consisting of: Alex Pombo, Carlos Nava, Carolina Guillen, Eitán Benezra, Enrique Rojas, Ernesto Jerez, Guillermo Celis, Jorge Eduardo Sánchez, José Briseño, Kenneth Garay, Luis Alfredo Álvarez, as well as former professional baseball players, Mexican Ismael “Rocket” Valdez and Cuban Orlando “El Duque” Hernández.
In addition to live game streams, Major League Baseball fans will be able to enjoy this season’s best coverage on baseball tonightthe baseball news and analysis show, which airs the Sunday before the evening game.
Of the more than 180 games broadcast by ESPN and Star+ this regular season, you can watch 7 games per week, one per day:
- The 7 games will be available on Star+
- 6 of the 7 games, Sunday through Friday, will be available through ESPN’s linear channels
Coverage continues until ESPN.comwhere you will find related information, featured videos and analysis from top specialists.
ESPN’s digital analysis ahead of opening day
MLB 2022 season start broadcast schedule LIVE on Star+ and ESPN:
THURSDAY APRIL 7 “OPENING DAY”
New York Mets vs. Washington Nationals
Cincinnati Reds vs. Atlanta Braves
Star+ and ESPN
FRIDAY APRIL 8
Texas Rangers vs. Toronto Blue Jays
Star+ and ESPN3
SATURDAY APRIL 9
Los Angeles Dodgers vs. Colorado Rockies
SUNDAY APRIL 10
Star+ and ESPN
Boston Red Sox vs. New York Yankees
Star+ and ESPN
What you need to know about the 2022 MLB season
- The 2022 MLB regular season begins April 7 and ends October 5.
- The 2022 season will have 162 games per team despite the work stoppage.
- The MLB All-Star Game will take place on July 19 at Dodger Stadium in Los Angeles, California.
- The playoffs have changed from 10 teams (five in each league) to 12 teams (six in each league), which includes three division winners and three wildcard teams in each league.
- Doubleheaders will be nine innings and there will be no automatic runner on second base at the start of extra innings.
- Teams will be able to expand their roster from 26 to 28 players from day one of the season until May 1, as spring training started late.
- For the third consecutive season, each team will start with a runner on second base in extra innings (as opposed to doubles games).
- With the designated hitter adopted in both leagues, pitchers who start a game will be able to continue in the game as designated hitters after leaving the mound.
- The Cleveland team debuts under a new name, the Guardians.
- The Atlanta Braves have conquered the 2021 World Series and will seek to become the first team since the Yankees in 1998-2000 to win back-to-back titles.
- The New York Yankees are the team with the most MLB championships (27), but have gone 12 seasons without lifting the Commissioner’s Trophy. It is the fourth longest drought in team history.
- With the arrival of Freddie Freeman, the Los Angeles Dodgers become the first team in history to have four MVP award winners in two different seasons (2021 and 2022). In addition, they extended for 3 additional seasons the contract of their manager Dave Roberts, at the head of the team since 2016. They are the favorites in Las Vegas to be champions.
Star+ is a service of diffusion entertainment and sports program launched on August 31, 2021 in Latin America, and complementary to but independent of the Disney+ service in this region. The service hosts the exclusive premiere of general entertainment TV series and movies from The Walt Disney Company content studios, including Disney Television Studios, FX, 20th Century Studios, Star Original Productions, National Geographic Original Productions and more, as well as live from ESPN. sports streaming service, the most respected and recognized brand for sports fans in the region. From dramas to comedies (including all seasons of The Simpsons) to adult thrillers, Star+ also offers exclusive original programming from the Star general entertainment brand, as well as a collection of regional original productions from Latin America.
Visit www.starplus.com for more information on the service and on Combo+, the competitive permanent commercial offer which makes subscription to Star+ and Disney+, platforms independent of each other, accessible at a unique and attractive price that gives access to the widest proposal in streaming with entertainment for all ages.
SCHEDULE SUBJECT TO CHANGE