If we are going to stop using Windows 11 continuously, it is better to block the operating system, something that has several ways to do it, which we are going to tell you in case you do not know any.
Locking Windows 11 can prevent us from having problems during the time we are not using it, protecting us from unauthorized access or some type of problem, so it is not a bad option.
Really what you do for lock windows 11 computer is to log off your current session and temporarily suspend all work on this device until further notice.
All programs will remain intact for the next time we enter the computer.
The means currently available to us to block a computer can be considered manual, that is, those in which we are the ones who make the decision to perform such an action, and dynamic, those that block automatically.
Let’s see what all these methods are.
How to lock Windows 11:
With the start menu
We can block the PC using the Windows 11 start menu, something extremely simple:
The steps we need to follow are:
- We click on the Start button (the Windows icon) and click on our user profile.
- All you have to do is click on to block.
- We will see how Windows 11 will close at this precise moment, entering the window before entering our user password when the operating system starts.
- If we want to activate it, we just have to press any key keyboard, select our account and log in put the password.
By task manager
As you well know, in Task Manager we can see all processes and programs running at that time in Windows.
But also It can help us to block the PC in a much simpler way than you might imagine. We only have to do the following:
- Let’s go to the start menu search bar
- We write there Task Manager and we select it as soon as it appears on the screen.
- Now let’s go to the tab Users
- We right-click on the account that is seen (if there are several, click on the one you use) and select Disconnect.
We can use Windows 11 keyboard shortcuts to achieve the same thing we saw above, but in a much faster and more direct way.
Simply press the button simultaneously Win + L keys and thus we will get the system to block directly and instantly.
By key combination
Let’s say this is a hybrid way to achieve the same thing we did with the task manager, plus we’ll be using it again.
What there is is a small modification at the beginning of what access to this part of Windows will be.
We just have to press Ctrl + Alt + Del open a windows menu where we can choose several different options, among which the Task Managerwhere we should click.
Once inside we will continue the same steps which we have already talked about, that is, let’s go to the tab Usersright-click the account and choose directly to block.
With command prompt
Another option that we have to block the Windows 11 operating system is to do it from the command prompt.
To be able to carry out the task that concerns us today from this part of Windows, we will proceed as follows:
- Let’s go to search bar from the Start menu, i.e. click on the magnifying glass in the taskbar next to the Windows symbol.
- Now we write Command Prompt and we select as soon as it comes out.
- Once inside, just type the following and then press Enter: Rundll32.exe user32.dll, LockWorkStation
- As soon as this command is executed, the system will crash immediately.
With Dynamic Lock
Surely you know that Windows 11 can activate a kind of dynamic lock when it detects that the signal between the system and the Bluetooth device is weak.
The idea of this system called Dynamic Lock is that, if we have a Bluetooth device paired with Windows, we can detect when it is far from each other.
Then we can use this system by doing the following:
- First we pair a Bluetooth device with the PC.
- Once done, we should go to Startthen to Setting then to enter Accounts.
- Now all that’s left to do is go Connection options.
- At this point we must press Dynamic Lock (in Additional Settings).
- Now we select the box Let Windows automatically lock your device when you’re away.
- Now whenever we move the connected device and lose Bluetooth signal, the system will lock automatically.
Using screen saver settings
Maybe the screensaver setup is something you haven’t paid much attention to or you’re not using it directly, because you can set your monitor to occasionally turns off, so the protector in this case does not make much sense.
Well, the protector, apart from serving you for different functions regarding the screen, can also block Windows 11.
The way to achieve this is as follows:
- We go to the search bar of the Start menu, we write screen saver and select the option called change screen saver.
- As soon as the Screensaver Settings menu opens, it’s time to click on the Screensaver drop-down menu and select any effect you like.
- Now where do you put expectwe select the number of minutes the PC must be idle before the screen saver is activated.
- At this time, we must check the box Show login screen on resume then give in To applyfor later Accept.
- Now, whenever our computer is idle, the time we selected will enter the screen saver, freezing the PC at the same time.
With everything we have told you, we will be able to block our computer. Now it’s up to you to choose the most comfortable way for you or the one that best suits your needs.
If you would like to tell us which one you have opted for on our social networks, we will be delighted to read your opinion.